Fun with Struts2+REST

Finally got round to working on my URL shortener tonight, another of my pet projects. It was throwing a random error relating to my usage of Hibernate for a while and I've not been able to fix it as I've been in the middle of trying to get the Struts2 REST plugin working on the project. Well tonight I rolled back my work in progress and hopefully fixed the bug, if not I've added more debug output to the log files so the root cause should be more easy to identify now.

After that I also had another go of getting the REST plugin to play nicely with normal Struts2 actions and finally made some progress. The plan all along had been to provide a REST based API to the service so now I can crack on with it.

I'll write up how I got the REST plugin working too.